For date purée
• 1/4 cup dates (khajur), deseeded
• Soya flour – 1/4 cup
• Whole wheat flour – 1/4 cup
• Low fat butter – 1/4 cup
• MorSweet Sweetener as per your taste
For the date purée
1. Firstly chop the dates into small pieces and add ½ cup of water.
2. Bring to a boil in a non-stick pan and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes till the dates are fully mashed into a purée.
3. Then cool and keep aside.
Now for the dough
1. Combine the whole wheat flour, butter and MorSweet Sweetener in a bowl using your fingertips till the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
2. Further add the cooled date purée and knead it into a dough.
3. Then cover with a plastic film and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
4. Now roll out into a sheet and simultaneously cut out cookies using a cookie cutter.
5. Then re-roll the scraps of dough to make more cookies and place them on a baking tray (line the cookie sheet with greased proof paper).
6. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180ºC (360ºF) for 25 minutes or till the cookies are golden brown.
7. Finally let it cool and store in an air-tight container.
Benefits of MorSweet Sweetener:
1. Low Glycemic Index
2. Fewer Calories and safe for all sugar controlled diets
3. No Bitter Aftertaste
4. Good for teeth and has dental benefits
5. Its natural and has no side-effects
Follow our Facebook Page for more Recipes !!