• 5 slices Bread (Prefer white bread, milk bread or whole meal white bread).
• 6 tbsps ghee (¼ cup + 2 tbsp) (use good quality ghee).
• ¼ cup MorSweet Xylitol Sweetener.
• 2 cups milk (For a lighter dessert use 1 cup water, 1 cup milk).
• 0.5 tsp cardamom powder – Elaichi powder.
• 7 to 8 Almonds (sliced).
• 8 to 10 Cashews (chopped).
• 1 tbsp Chironji / Charoli.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PREPARATION OF BREAD HALWA
• Heat a pan with ghee and dry roast the nuts on a medium flame until golden. Set these aside in a plate.
• Tear off the bread slices to small pieces, about 1 inch cubes and add to the same pan. If you prefer you can also discard the browns of the bread, however they give a texture so I kept it.
• Begin to roast the bread until evenly golden.
HOW TO MAKE BREAD HALWA
• Add milk and MorSweet Xylitol Sweetener.
• Mix everything well and begin to cook until the bread turns soft and mushy.
• Then add cardamom powder and 2 tbsp ghee.
• Begin to continuously sauté it until the mixture begins to leave the sides of the pan.
• You can add nuts and continue to cook for 2 to 3 mins. At this stage you can see bread halwa begins to release ghee.
• Switch off and garnish with nuts.
• Serve Sugar Free Bread Halwa chilled or warm.
Benefits of MorSweet Xylitol Sweetener:
1. Low Glycemic Index.
2. Fewer Calories and safe for all sugar controlled diets.
3. No Bitter Aftertaste.
4. Good for teeth and has dental benefits.
5. Its natural and has no side-effects.
Follow our Facebook Page for more Recipes !!